Thursday, January 24, 2013

....

Ah,,, pretending to be happy is but a sad distraction
I rush to give you my silent warning a gentle squeeze of your hand
As I glance at the path I've walked, I've endured ...companion less
My face is overwhelmed with a familiar aroma and dust keeps filling up
I collapse outside of town, landing softly
My leg are weary of their endless journey
And fleeting memories run through my head
I see the same profile, hear the same words over and over
Like the girl who asked me...
   "Isn't life so sad when all you do is live? "
You're still careless, young and helpless
Disappearing into hollow void
Now, having witnessed sadness you should never have seen
Crying tears that should have remained dry
We may not be tough enough to live on truth alone
but you know, we don't need to be

No comments:

Post a Comment